- Iometer is an I/O subsystem measurement and characterization tool for single and clustered systems.
- Fio is an I/O tool meant to be used both for benchmark and stress/hardware verification.
- vdbench disk I/O workloads
- FLASH I/O benchmark routine measures the performance of the FLASH parallel HDF 5 output. It recreates the primary data structures in FLASH and produces a checkpoint file, a plotfile with centered data, and a plotfile with corner data.
- Filebench is a file system and storage benchmark that allows to generate a high variety of workloads. It employs extensive Workload Model Language (WML) for detailed workload specification.
- IOzone is a filesystem benchmark tool. The benchmark generates and measures a variety of file operations.
- DBENCH is a tool to generate I/O workloads to either a filesystem or to a networked CIFS or NFS server. It can even talk to an iSCSI target.